Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Arts Car of St. Pete: Addendum

[From Malcom Johnson, friend, arts activist, documentary photograher and former correspondent to Art Taco]

"  The art cars remind me of the van murals in the 1980's.   One of the best artists was the late Jimmy Bryant of St. Pete. About two years ago, I saw one his paint jobs on a van in a shopping center. By the time I got back to take a picture, it was gone. There were a number of mural vans in the 'Nite Rider Van Club' of St. Pete. They had a clubhouse somewhere on 49 St. S.  They have had an annual ball and the last one I know of was held about two years ago at the Coliseum.  I do not know if they are still active. "

--- Malcom Johnson

(I couldn't find pictures of these vans. If anyone knows where they can be found, please let me know)

No comments:

Post a Comment